Te Taketake is a 2 year DAPAANZ endorsed NZQA Level 7 Diploma in Applied Addictions Counselling.
The Moana House Training Institute is pleased to offer Te Taketake, a two year Diploma in Applied Addictions Counselling. This course is recognized by DAPAANZ and is worth 100 points for each year of study.
This diploma combines Te Aka (Year 1) and Te Rea (Year 2) with the addition of Te Hauhakenga, practical work and Competencies – the training will take place on seven (7) three day wānanga/ workshops throughout the year, plus an assessment wānanga. All wānanga are Friday-Sunday. Some of the teaching will be done together, but most of it will take place in separate streams according to the year of study you are in.
For past Students of Te Taketake who have Level 6 there is a bridging option available to move to Level 7. Please fill out enrolment form below or contact us for more information.
COURSE DATES FOR 2017
This course is taught in a bicultural waananga format.
Stream 1 – North Island Stream 2 – South Island
March 10th - 12th March 24th - 26th
April 7th - 9th April 21st - 23rd
May 12th - 14th May 26th - 28th
June 9th - 11th June 23rd - 24th
August 11th - 13th August 25th - 27th
September 15th - 17th September 22nd - 24th October 6th - 8th October 20th - 22nd November 10th - 12th November 24th - 26th
“Kua whakamanahia tēnei akoranga e Te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa i raro i te wāhanga 249 o te Ture Matauranga 1989, ā, kua whakamanahia a Downie Stewart Foundation Trading as Moana House Training Institute ke te whakarato i taua akoranga i raro i te wāhanga 250 o te Ture.”
“The programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under section 249 of the Education Act 1989, and Downie Stewart Foundation Trading as The Moana House Training Institute is accredited to provide it under section 250 of the act.”
Criteria for entry:
The course is available to those who can meet the following requirements.
NB: The Open Polytechnic is offering our students the option to up-skill in Tertiary Studies - please CLICK HERE for more information
- Who have access to clients/whaiora with addiction issues (400 clinical contact hours required to attain Diploma).
- Have written ability in English comparable to Year 11.
- Access to a computer and have basic computer skills, word processing skills (For all assignments/essays).
- Are willing to commit to attending all study wananga (Requirement of 80% or more).
- Can undertake self directed learning of at least 10 hours per week.
- Has been in recovery for a minimum of 2 years for any substance or process addictions and offending.
- A criminal record check is part of the enrolment process (but does not mean automatic exclusion - all applicants considered) - please note, as this process takes up to 20 working days please submit your enrolment ASAP and forward the check once received.
- Demonstrated capacity to study at tertiary level 7.
- Able to obtain scholarship or will commit to paying all fees and course related costs
- Payment of tuition fees plus GST by 26th March 2017 [payment plans available]
Students must also demonstrate commitment to:
- Studies leading to successful completion.
- Attaining course text books (book list provided in the back under additional information).
- Learning as part of a group.
- Professional behaviour and conduct.
- Being open to bi-cultural inclusion/practice as part of learning environment.
Course Tutors: Takuraua Tawera, Matetu Mihinui, Claire Aitken and Sean Manning, and visiting specialists.
For further information regarding Te Taketake please contact us.
The following PDFs will provide you with everything you'll need:
Please print the enrolment book, complete it, and send it to the address on our contact page.