Te Taketake is a 2 year DAPAANZ endorsed NZQA Level 7 Diploma in Applied Addictions Counselling.
The Moana House Training Institute is pleased to offer Te Taketake, a two year Diploma in Applied Addictions Counselling. This course is recognized by DAPAANZ, New Zealand's professional association for people working in drug and alcohol additctions. Successful completion of this programme will enable you to be considered for Provisional registration with DAPAANZ as long as you meet their criteria.
This diploma combines Te Aka (Year 1) and Te Rea (Year 2) with the addition of Te Hauhakenga, practical work and Competencies – the training will take place on seven (7) three day wānanga/ workshops throughout the year, plus an assessment wānanga. All wānanga are Friday-Sunday. Some of the teaching will be done together, but most of it will take place in separate streams according to the year of study you are in.
For past Students of Te Taketake who have Level 6 there is a bridging option available to move to Level 7. Please contact us for an enrolment form and more information.
cOURSE dATES FOR 2018
This course is taught in a bicultural waananga format.
STREAM - 1 NORTH STREAM 2 - SOUTH
March 9th - 11th March 23rd - 25th
April 6th - 8th April 20th - 22nd
May 11th - 13th May 25th - 27th
June 8th - 10th June 22nd - 24th
August 10th - 12th August 24th - 26th
September 7th - 9th September 21st - 23rd October 12th - 14th October 26th - 28th November 9th - 11th November 23rd - 25th
“Kua whakamanahia tēnei akoranga e Te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa i raro i te wāhanga 249 o te Ture Matauranga 1989, ā, kua whakamanahia a Downie Stewart Foundation Trading as Moana House Training Institute ke te whakarato i taua akoranga i raro i te wāhanga 250 o te Ture.”
“The programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under section 249 of the Education Act 1989, and Downie Stewart Foundation Trading as The Moana House Training Institute is accredited to provide it under section 250 of the act.”
CRITERIA FOR ENTRY
The course is available to those who can meet the following requirements.
- Who have access to clients/whaiora with addiction issues (400 clinical contact hours required to attain Diploma).
- Have written ability in English comparable to Year 11.
- Access to a computer and have basic computer skills, word processing skills (For all assignments/essays).
- Are willing to commit to attending all study wananga (Requirement of 80% or more).
- Can undertake self directed learning of at least 10 hours per week.
- Has been in recovery for a minimum of 2 years for any substance or process addictions and offending.
- A criminal record check is part of the enrolment process (but does not mean automatic exclusion - all applicants considered) - please note, as this process takes up to 20 working days please submit your enrolment ASAP and forward the check once received.
- Demonstrated capacity to study at tertiary level 7.
- Able to obtain scholarship or will commit to paying all fees and course related costs
- Payment of tuition fees (plus GST) will due in full before the start date of the course (February 19 2018). Payment plans and student loans are available through Otago Polytechnic.
Students must also demonstrate commitment to:
- Studies leading to successful completion.
- Attaining course text books (book list provided in the back under additional information).
- Learning as part of a group.
- Professional behaviour and conduct.
- Being open to bi-cultural inclusion/practice as part of learning environment.
Sean Manning, Claire Aitken, Takurua Tawera, Maynard Gilgen, Matetu Mihinui, Lynere Wilson, Dr. Fraser Todd, Daryle Deering, Huia Aparangi Kiri Kiri, Kirsty MacLeod, Megan Phillips, and visiting specialists.
For further information regarding Te Taketake please contact us.
NB: The Open Polytechnic is offering our students the option to up-skill in Tertiary Studies - please CLICK HERE for more information
We have partnered with Otago Polytechnic. All Course enrolments are now done through the Otago Polytech website.
If you wish to enrol in Te Taketake, please click on the link below to take you to the Otago Polytechnic website:
Closing Date for enrolments is November 30 2017.